RE: Dvico Dual Digital Card... Problems gettingUSBWorking

Hi Mark,

Some news:
I have gotten 2.6.18-rc2 to work - I just used my .config file from
2.6.17.6, which worked a treat :)  Hope this didn't kill a whole lot of new
stuff.  I can't say I'm all that much of a kernel hacker :)

I have to agree with you - I am getting the same sort of thing.  Here's what
I did:

1) Got 2.6.18-rc2 working...
2) tzap -a0 "ABC HDTV" returns a good SNR
3) tzap -a1 "ABC HDTV" returns a good SNR

Btw, I am using Chris Pascoe's channels.conf from his website:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/

4) Now, I have tried recording using:
tzap -a0 -r "ABC HDTV
(in another terminal)
cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > testvideo.mpg

This will record a file.  I can tune in using Kaffine and get a picture
(though not in MythTV, not that I tried all that hard)

5) And, tried the same thing with adaptor1
tzap -a1 -r "ABC HDTV
(in another terminal)
cat /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 > testvideo.mpg

Which results in a zero length file.

Curiously, Kaffeine thinks it can record on this adaptor (I had a look at
the text, and it opened up adaptor1 to record), but playing back results in
nothing.   No such problem with adaptor0.

5) Downloaded the latest hg v4l sources, cleaned, compiled, installed,
rebooted.

6) Now I have a problem...  won't recognise either of them...  dmesg | grep
dvb returns:
Dvb_usb_cxusb: disagrees about version of symbol cx22702_attatch
And a whole bunch of others.

A short google search says (if I am interpreting it right) that there is a
conflict between two different versions.  I'm going to have a look at this
and see what I can work out....

To answer a previous question, my dvb apps is from a yum install, it says
it's version 1.1.1, release 3.fc5

Cheers
Damien.