Re: "frontend driver was not found" FC5 and oldTechnotrend card

Hi Oliver and all,

> Stuart Butterfield wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to get an old 'full-featured' Technotrend DVB-T card working on
> > recently installed Fedora Core 5 box. Looking through the archives it
> > seems
> > my problem might be related to one discussed in an earlier thread:
> >
> >         http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/011132.html
> >
> > Bascially, it's not finding a frontend driver for the device. My relevant
> > dmesg
> > output is as follows:
> >
> > saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
> > saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem d0904000 (revision 1, irq 10)
> > (0x13c2,0x0001).
> > DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge WinTV DVB-T rev1.X).
> > adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:ff:fc:6d
> > dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
> > dvb-ttpci: info @ card 0: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app
> > 80002622
> > dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 0 supports CI link layer interface
> > dvb-ttpci: Crystal audio DAC @ card 0 detected
> > saa7146_vv: saa7146 (0): registered device video0 [v4l2]
> > saa7146_vv: saa7146 (0): registered device vbi0 [v4l2]
> > dvb-ttpci: A frontend driver was not found for device 1131/7146 subsystem
> > 13c2/0001
> >
> > I've tried this with the original default FC5 2.6.15 kernel and also with
> > the updated
> > FC5 2.6.17 kernel. I've also tried it with the latest HG and snapshot from
> > the website,
> > with exactly the same result.
> >
> > Any advice appreciated.
>
> Can you identify the tuner type of the card?
> Does the card work with the windows driver?
> Has it ever worked with a linux driver?
>
> Oliver

I've got two of these cards, one at home, one at work. It's the work one that's giving me grief.
I've just tried my home one with exactly the same linux/dvb setup and it works fine, correctly
registering the frontend (LSI L64781).

AFAIK the two cards are identical, but I'll try my home card in the work PC tomorrow. It could
be a hardware fault on the work card.

Never been tried with Windows, but both these cards have served me well, literally for years
with much older versions of the Linux DVB drivers, although the work one hasn't been used
for many months now, so it could be a hardware thing.

Best wishes.

Stuart

--
Dr Stuart Butterfield
Product Manager Mobile TV, Philips Software

Cross Oak Lane, Redhill, UK, RH1 5HA
Mobile: +44 7887 832886
E-mail: stuart.butterfield@xxxxxxxxxxx