Re: cx24123 voltage?

Yeasah Pell wrote:
> After having my KWorld cx24123 card out on loan to a friend for a few
> months, I've got it back in my system. The first thing I noticed is that
> the LNB voltage is backwards -- setting it to 13V via ioctl produces 18V
> on a meter connected to the coax, and vice-versa. It's a trivial fix of
> course, but I think I remember seeing something on the list a while back
> about cx24123 voltage being backwards (though I can't find it now, of
> course)
>
> Anybody remember?

Yes...  This is the changeset that is causing the behavior that you have
described:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=71fd1c71d114

Hmmm... Either we misread the spec, or it was wrong.  Perhaps the
information varies depending on how the demod is wired to the rest of
the board.  The spec itself is somewhat unclear to me now. We know that
it is needed this way for the Geniatech Digistar / Digiwave 103g, and
the Hauppauge cards don't use this feature. If reverting it fixes things
for you, then we might have to conditionalize this somehow.

Please try reverting this changeset by doing:

hg export 71fd1c71d114 | patch -p1 -R

I'd assume that this will fix it for you -- please respond and confirm.

-Mike