DVB link transitions q.:

    Dear authors and users of linuxtv-dvb-apps,

    As we all know, DVB reception quality is dependent on a number of
    external factors, like weather conditions (clouds, lightning),
    solar activity, thermal expansion and whatever else.

    When DVB card like SkyStar2 is used to receive IP traffic, the
    data decoding stops right at BER>0. At this moment, it is desired
    to be able to run some reconfiguration scripts. F.e. web proxy
    service may require reconfiguration, etc.

    What approach is the best in this situation, and what is your
    experience in automating this ?

    Currently I use some scripts with femon|awk. But this is not very
    convenient, as femon uses stdio buffering, and when awk detects
    good or bad pattern in its output and terminates, the entire pipe
    is not finished, as femon still buffers next portion of its
    output for some time until it is written and only then it gets
    SIGPIPE. May be it is worth to call
    setvbuf(stdout,...,_IOLBF,...) in femon ?
    Or may be I am unaware about more easy and convenient way ?

    Thank you in advance for your replies.