FusionHDTV Dual Digital zl10353 / dee1601 tuning problems -was- Re: V4L stuff - DViCO

Chris, please read below:

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Hi, Fabian,
>
> Em Sex, 2006-07-14 às 20:53 +1000, Fabian escreveu:
>> Hello Mauro,
>>
>> A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded (using Hg) the v4l-dvb source and compiled
>> to get my DViCO Fusion HTDV Dial card going.
>>
>> All was working okay, with the PCI part of the dual tuner but the PCI bit didn't
>> work.  The tuner would get an FE lock but I got no data stream (like the thing
>> wasn't demodulating).  I wasn't too concerned because I have been too busy to
>> worry about getting the USB bit working fully.
>>
>> The Card is Zarlink, ZL10353 based.
>>
>> Anyway, yesterday I updated using Hg, the v4l-dvb tree and recompiled.
>>
>> Now I have a different problem...  My PCI tuner locks but I can't get a stream
>> on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.  IE:  There is nothing coming from the card.  Also,
>> the USB tuner doesn't FE lock anymore.
>>
>> I am not sure what was changed (I am going to check out the source now (I am not
>> a programmer though)).  I just thought I'd let you know.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't know who the maintainer of the v4l is - I just chose you because
>> you were the only address I saw.
> I'm the maintainer of V4L, however I don't have any DViCO boards here.
> I'm c/c Mike Krufky, who worked on adding support for most DViCO boards.
> I think he can help us to make it work.
>>
>> Thanks Mauro,
>>
>> -- Fabian
> Cheers,
> Mauro.

I do indeed work with many of the DViCO boards, but Chris Pascoe is
working with the FusionHDTV Dual Digital boards.  There are two
revisions of this board, one using mt352, the other using zl10353.

There are some other users with the same problems that you seem to be
experiencing.  (see , cc added)

Chris asked me to fwd emails about this particular issue over to him, so
that hopefully, he can resolve the problem once and for all.

This *is* a known issue, and hopefully, there should be a way to fix it.

Regards,
Mike