Re: initialization problem with AVerTV DVB-T USB2.0 (and patch)

On  6 Jul, Juanjo Amor wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I can confirm that Frahm's patch is needed in order to use the USB tuner
> "AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0" (a800).
>
> usbview does not provide in my case the serial number, but it is printed
> in the box: 404046600021. The rest of usbview output is identical to
> Frahm's dump.
>
> I use mplayer and kaffeine for watching TV without problems.
>
> I suggest other A800 users to test the patch in order to verify the
> device works, and then include the patch in official code.

Dear Juanjo,

there has been in the meantime a new developpement for this problem in
another thread and there is now a "cleaner" or "better" patch available
which make a distinction between the old and the new model of the AverTV
A800, apparently the old one requires a firmware and the new one does
not and requires a warm state. You can find this patch here:

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/011298.html

This is also the last post of the other thread. You can find the other
posts on the June page of the archive:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/thread.html
with the subject: "AverTV A800 trouble". Unfortunately, the posts
distributed in different threads in the archive list (due to some bug
with my mailer) and you should carefully check the full page for all
posts with this subject to have the full history.

Hopefully and according to Patrick Boettcher, the latest patch will find
its way in the official distribution. If you can test it, you would be
the third person to confirm it.

In any case I am happy that also my first patch has been useful even
though it is not very proper as I understand now.

Greetings,

Klaus.