Re: Starbox 2

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Ken Harris wrote:

> 	Patrick:
>
> 	I saw your post about making the Starbox work.  Congratulations.
>
> 	I have a question:  is there a hardware difference between the Starbox
> and Starbox2 (or just the firmware)?  I have a VP7021.  Will that work with
> your code?

Not even the firmware is different. According to Twinhan the difference
is, that with StarBox2 you can bypass the pid filter, whereas with the
StarBox you have to use the (8 indexes - only 6 seems to work) pid filter.
I have it running with a local modification - it is not ready to be
committed - some tweaks are missing. Howver it seems the software VDR is
not happy with a device giving only 6 pids at the same time. Which is a
drawback at least for me.

best regards,
Patrick.

--