cx88 pci_abort

Hi guys,
Firstly, apologies if this isn't the correct list for queries, though I
see a few posted in the archives, where I've just been searching for an
answer to the following:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the source for the following
errors generated by the cx88-mpeg drivers, which appear to be coinciding
with bad mpeg data:

cx88[0]: irq mpeg  [0x80000] pci_abort*
cx88[0]/2: general errors: 0x00080000

The card is:
03:01.0 0400: 14f1:8800 (rev 05)
03:01.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
        Subsystem: DViCO Corporation FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Running latest dvb out of HG, and interestingly I have a cx88_blackbird
device attached (second part of the dual card) and that works
flawlessly.  While the PCI component is horrible due to this error under
precisely the same conditions, but all debug output from the modules
looks fine as far as I can tell, and I'm having a little trouble tracing
back through all the binary arithmetic trying to find the source.

Thanks in advance, darn thing is driving me crazy,
Pete