Re: Possible problem in build system from 061906 pull.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> probably the best idea would be to sync up mainline
> to the 'current' linux-dvb tree, but I guess the

While the kernel does lag the Hg version by rather a lot, I don't think this
problem is related to that at all.

This appears to be related to the parts of configure/build system specific to
building the Hg source outside the kernel.  The whole business with disabled
drivers for different kernel versions dosen't even appear in the Linux Kernel
tree at all.

> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 09:11:28AM -0700, VDR User wrote:
> > I've noticed that if you leave the "[ ] Enable drivers not supported by this
> > kernel" box untouched (unchecked by default), you can turn off all the
> > unnecessary stuff for nexus-s and the build goes fine, with all the required
> > elements being compiled.  However, if you enable that option you lose
> > atleast the following:
> >
> > ---     Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters
> > <M>     AV7110 cards
> >  [ ]       Compile AV7110 firmware into the driver
> >  [*]       AV7110 OSD support
> >
> > Not only do those items vanish from the menuconfig but the required

This doesn't happen at all to me.  If I turn on the "unsupported drivers"
option, these AV7110 options are still there.

What kernel are you using?  Check v4l/.version too, and make sure it's the
same.

Can you do a "make distclean" and then try again?  That will delete the old
v4l/.config file and start over with the default "all yes" config file.

If you still have trouble, please send me your v4l/Kconfig, v4l/Kconfig.kern,
and v4l/.config files.