Re: PCIe cards

On 15/06/06, Matt <fwmatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just working if anyone has seen or heard about DVB-T PCIe cards ? Are
there any currently being made or being supported (either by
manufacturer or the kernel hackers)? I'm just about to up upgrade to
64bits and PCIe (I know very little about PCIe other than that I will
have more PCIe slots that PCI slots) and I'm just wondering if anyone
had any recommendations.

Cheers,

Matt Lawrence

Not that I am aware of since I last asked the question! I just
upgraded my master MythTV machine to Athlon64, but stayed with PCI due
to the lack of supported PCIe cards so I could easily use DVB-T and
MPEG2 cards under Linux. I managed to get hold of a NForce3 Ultra
board (Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 has 5 PCI) which also has SPDIF and
dual LAN to boot. all of which are supported under Linux.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/