Re: TT 1400 DVB-S Budget with different PCI ID's

Michael Krufky wrote:
> Helmut Auer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >> @Helmut:
> >> Could you please test the card with windows?
> >>
> > Sorry - I can't but I guess the card is not working under windows,
> > because I bought this one at ebay as a defect card.

Argh. Never send patches to work around broken card ids.
They can be fixed. See below.

> >> Could you find out whether there are more cards with this id?
> >>
> > Unfortunately not - I'd like to buy more of theses cards for 10 Euro's ;)
> >
> I think that settles it.  Mauro reverted the patch last night, after
> receiving complaints from Manu.

Fine.

> Oliver, is there a way for Helmut to make his card work without patching
> the driver?  ie: insmod options?

Yes, it can easily be fixed. Some time ago I created a tool to rewrite
ids for broken saa7146-based cards:

http://escape-edv.de/endriss/dvb/fix_eeprom.c

It was written for dvb-kernel but it should not work with HG drivers,
too. Just follow the instructions in the header of the file.

CU
Oliver