Re: Freecom DVB-T stick - software demux

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 02:54:25PM +0200, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> > Is it possible to run this USB device in 'budget mode' where the full TS is
> > passed onto a software demuxer rather than relying on a very limited hardware
> > PID filter in the device?
>
> Afaik there is no way in the current Wideview (which is the reference
> design manufacturer) firmware to disable the PID filter, even in USB2.0 .

Erk! That's rather unfortunate - is there a trivial way to discover
which PIDs are currently being filtered? If I can disable the bits of
VDR that might be holding on to a filter that it doesn't really need, it
might free up just enough to be able to watch TV via the LAN :)

(VideoLAN was my first choice, but I have wasted too many hours with
segfaults and/or its mind-bending commandline syntax)

Cheers,
Gavin.