Re: dvbs2

Hello Johannes,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
On Tue, May 23, 2006, Manu Abraham wrote:
http://demo.astra-net.com/dvb-s2/

Service Information / Program Specific Information

Multiplex Content:

Service 1: ASTRA HD: 19Mbit/s MPEG-2 MP@HL
(SID: 100 / VPID: 133 / APID: 134 / PCR PID 80)

Service 2: H264 720P50: 10.56Mbit/s AVC MP@L4
(SID: 105 / PMT PID: 32 / VPID: 512 / PCR PID 3840)

Signalling:

1.) NIT

covers the 3 test platform transponders
Original_network_id: 3
Network Name: ASTRA 23.5

DVB-S2 satellite delivery descriptor for trp. 3.201 present

Although you seem to think that I'm a total twit,

Argh, not that way. I was a bit pissed off since what you had asked for, i explained a couple of times, i think. Maybe my explanation was not clear or enough, or that i was thinking different because i had discussions elsewhere. The thread was getting bigger and bigger, so anyone could easily get confused. I don't blame anyone for it. So i thought i will take some time off it, but i hope Christoph did a better job at making it a bit clearer.

Anyway the initial patches had some issues and hence we did have changes from them. When the versions changed there were some of the things that got missed out or got changed, but that was not intentional, as you might probably be thinking.

maybe you can look at trp. 3.201 in more detail

Well, right now it is in a chicken and egg problem. I will take a look in there as soon as i can get it going. We got a stream from elsewhere, but then it was a filtered stream, not having any related info at all.

to help clarify the questions which I raised in
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-May/010487.html

I will reply on that post.

Thanks,
Manu