Dropped Multicast Packets When joining another MC group on the sa me interface with B2C2 card

Title: Dropped Multicast Packets When joining another MC group on the same interface with B2C2 card

Hi,

We've found that when joining a multicast group on an interface where another group is  already being received that a packet will be dropped when either the other group is joined or left.

Doing some investigation it appears it could be to do with the core network driver and the way the interface is stopped and restarted.  A quick test was done using an old Hauppauge card, but it was dropping packets all over the place.  This is on systems running SuSE 10.0.

1.  Has anybody had similar problems?
2.  Is anybody interested in fixing it, possibly on a commercial or contribution basis with it being given back to the community?

3.  Multicast test streams can be made available for testing on a satellite, as well as simple test client

Regards,
Bob.

CONFIDENTIAL

This e-mail, its content and any files transmitted with it are for the personal attention of the addressee only - any other access is unauthorised.

It contains information which may be confidential or privileged.

If you are not the intended addressee you may not copy, disclose to anyone else or otherwise use the content of this email and any attachments.

If you have received this in error, please destroy it and notify the sender by e-mail return.

Any representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

DISCLAIMER

Whilst we take reasonable precautions to minimise risk, you must carry out your own virus checks before opening attachments or reading e-mails and we do not accept liability for any damage or loss in this respect.

This e-mail and its attachments may be subject to copyright protection and you should not retransmit or reproduce these without the consent of the author.

Non-business related content is not authorised by us and we shall not be liable for it.

We are also not responsible for changes made or occurring after this message was sent.

Please note that our e-mail system is subject to random monitoring and recording under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.

Information about the Company and its services is available from http://www.arqiva.com