Re: single URL to download latest hg snapshot

christophpfister@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I must be missing something in this discussion. The above code is a very complicated way to say:

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

Why make your life so complicated?

Helmut is trying to do this without having mercurial installed.

The bottom line, easiest way to download the latest tarball from a web browser, WITHOUT using mercurial, is by accessing this URL:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?ca=-1;type=bz2

Cheers,

Mike Krufky

P.S. ... Something seems to be screwey with the linuxtv.org dns again :-( In the meantime, you can use my dns instead -- linuxtv.orgdotorg.org

Yeah, that works. But still the "normal" way through the browser is broken
(just cleared the cache to be sure that the problem is not at my side).
I can only refer you to the mercurial folks about that.  Their web site is:

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial

...and they can also be found in #mercurial on irc.freenode.net

What do you mean with the dns problem? I never had any dns problem, especially
right now it's working ...

linuxtv.org wasn't resolving for me, at the time that I had written that email, although now it is working again. I had ssh'd into my machine at work and had the same problem. From time to time this does happen, and I just thought I'd mention the alternate dns name, in case anybody needed it.

Cheers,

Mike