Hauppauge/Technotrend DVB-C 2.1 vs. QAM256

Hi Andrew,

I have the same problem by channels with QAM256 on frequency 113MHz like
Michael describe!
I have two TT FF-Cards (Technotrend DVB-C Rev. 2.1 with the frontend
STV0297 and a Technotrend DVB-C 2300 with the frontend VES1820).

The card with VES1820 works but also not 100%, but it is better the last
days (?) - I think also the cable provider changes some settings.

The current status is now VES1820 ist working on 113MHz and higher
frequency with Qam256, but I get an high BER value on 113 MHz (ex.
00a2455). For this issue I plan the next day to change the antenna box in
my living room (maybe problems (BER) with the frequency attenuation on
113MHz, I read this in some forums).

The card with STV0297 don't work on 113MHz with Qam256, the card works on
higher frequency with Qam256 only when I have an low BER.

I use the act. HG snapshot from yesterday. All things are tested with VDR
1.3.47 and the values BER are from the femon plugin.
Sorry, I can not make tests with command line tool like szap or dvbtune,
because I use an external smartmouse (I have no CAM on the cards :( ) for
the encrypted channels with Qam256.

>Is this an stv0297 based card? You see there are two stv0297 drivers:
stv0297,
>and stv0297_cs2.
>
>The latter is currently cablestar2 specific, but also looks like it has been
>greatly improved (the tuning is different so it may fix your issue).
>
>I'm intending to generalise it and merge/replace the former with it.
Would you
>be willing to test patches for me to see if this can be done?

If I can help you with testing some patches give me an feedback per mail
or mailing list.

Bye,
Juergen