Re: NOVA-T unstable after running a while

On Tue, 9 May 2006, juha s. wrote:
> I try to make a linux recorder which record continuesly DVB signal. My
> problem is that after 2-4 days it frees because size of VMALLOC is too small
> ?
>
> Here is my situation after DVB freeze out:
>
> [root@refrecord DVB]# /DVBVIDEOT/DVB/dvbtune-0.5/dvbtune  -f 658000000 -i
> FD 4: fd_dvr DEMUX DEVICE: : Cannot allocate memory
>
> [root@refrecord DVB]# uname -a
> Linux refrecord 2.6.16-1.2107_FC4 #1 Tue May 2 19:15:13 EDT 2006 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux

The driver version in the kernel, which it looks like you are using, has a
memory leak relating to multiple opens of the dvr device.  It doesn't look
like you are doing anything that would trigger it, so I doubt that's the
problem.  But, the driver seems to be having problems allocating memory, and
there is a known memory leak in the driver you are using, so it's probably
worth getting the latest version from Hg.