dvb_tuner_ops is not a pointer

Hi list,

I'm about to write the mt2060-driver using dvb_tuner and dvb_tuner_ops and
I stumbled over something:

dvb_tuner_ops inside dvb_frontend_ops is not a pointer but a real field.
That's why the static dvb_tuner_ops of a tuner have to be copied directly
into dvb_frontend_ops.tuner_ops .

This mechanism is different to dvb_frontend_ops which is (and has been
for a long time) a pointer in dvb_frontend. That's why every demod-driver
is having a field of dvb_frontend_ops in its private-state-struct and
using the reference for filling the pointer-field in dvb_frontend.

Is there a specific reason for having the same "mechanism" implemented in
different ways I maybe missed during the discussion? If not, would it be
useful to change the dvb_frontend_ops* into dvb_frontend_ops and be
coherent with the new dvb_tuner_ops:

- It would save at least two lines of code per demod-driver,
- would make it a little bit easier for newbies to understand how it works
  and
- would avoid stupid mistakes because you would have to copy the
  dvb_frontend_ops always, currently you can assign the static pointer
  directly, which is dangerous.

best regards,
Patrick.

--