Re: ves1820 qam256 - tt dvb-c 2.1

On Friday 05 May 2006 11:08, Marco Skambraks wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have the same problem like Halim Sahin with his tt dvb-c 2.1
> the card works fine with qam64 channels
> channels with higher modulation like qam256 produce several dropouts
> I already tried to change the PWM in ves1820.c - with no effect
>
> according the ves1820 spec the frontend should support qam256
> so, it looks like a linux driver problem
>
> any ideas how to fix it?

Hmm, well _normally_ I'd say just use saa7146dump
(http://linuxtv.org/downloads/) under windows to dump the raw register setup
from the ves1820 and compare with the setup linux uses. But I see from the
datasheet that all the interesting registers are write only :(

Next suggestion: use cheapi2c/lmilk
(http://www.warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html) if you can get it working to
dump the i2c bus raw against tuning it using windows to see what is being
sent and compare with linux.

Another option is to take the windows driver to bits.

Final suggestion: I had a look at the datasheet compared to the linux
drivers - one thing I saw:

The values programmed into reg01 for the other QAM rates have been adjusted
from the datasheet recommended values - perhaps you need to fiddle with these
for QAM256 as well...

I'm sorry can't really be much more help; I don't have one of these cards or
access to a DVBC signal; so all I can do is suggest how I would go about
investigating it.