Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] Re: [Fwd: [patch 1/7] dvb-core: ULE fixes and RFC4326 additions]

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006, Christian Prähauser wrote:
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> >Is it ok to apply at our tree?
> >

> Well, it fixes some important issues (see below), especially regarding
> destination address (NPA) and ULE (optional) extension header
> processing, which is broken in the current kernel versions.
>
> I would also opt for an attempt to rewrite the dvb networking (most of
> which is in dvb_net.c) part of dvb-core, because from my point of view,
> the ULE decaps code is overly complex.

All ULE code has been contributed by someone at cosy.sbg.ac.at, so
it's pretty much up to you what you do with it, provided you
stick to kernel coding style conventions. Is ULE already in use
anywhere in the world outside of a research lab?

Please try to seperate cleanups from functional changes,
and seperate changes to MPE code (if ther are any) from
changes to ULE code.

Thanks,
Johannes