Re: How to run WinTV-Nova-S-Plus on Suse 10.0 eval 32bit?

On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 16:23 +0300, Lokrain wrote:
> I have read as many information as I can all over internet about my
> problem.
>
> As I can understand the only working drivers are from linuxtv.org.
>
> My problem is that there is no good detailed explanation about how to
> install/configure
> those drivers. How to setup them running with mplayer or kaffeine?

Oh there is. Just go on http://www.linuxtv.org/repo/. You probably only
need the sections "Checkout V4L-DVB or dvb-apps" and the following
section "How to build the v4l-dvb kernel modules".

But it's, in my opinion better to first try your kernel modules.
I don't know how old your kernel is, but with kernel 2.6.16 the modules
should be there and auto-load.
The things you'd normally do first is check if frontend and the other
stuff is in /dev/dvb/adapter0/. If not, check if cx88xx and cx24123 are
loaded. If this all works and you still can't watch TV, it's probably
because you need to have diseqc support, which isn't working for this
card yet, it seems.

For this to work you need to get the cx24123.c from
http://www.wobig.de/vdr/ and replace it with the one found in
driver/media/dvb/frontends/ (I think ...) in the kernel sources (usually
in /usr/src/linux).

Then just recompile and reinstall the modules from the kernel and it
should work. At least it does with MPlayer here (you need to put a
channels.conf in ~/.mplayer preferrably self-scanned). Xine seems to
crash for me if I try to open Transport Streams so Kaffeine doesn't want
to play TV either [even szap only seems to deliver the audio PID? O_o].
I'm quite grateful MPlayer works.....

Hope that helped,
Thorsten