Re: KNC-1+Cineview CAM+Tuning Problems

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

[...]
| > then, it seems, after i wait some time, and then try to tune again, it also
| > works. this is quite reproducible:
| >
| > 	zapping to 483 'ZDF':
| > 	sat 0, frequency = 11953 MHz H, symbolrate 27500000, vpid = 0x006e, apid =
| > 0x0078 using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
| > FE_SET_TONE failed: Connection timed out
| > 	FE_SET_VOLTAGE failed: Remote I/O error
| > 	FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD failed: Connection timed out
| > 	FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed: Connection timed out
| > 	status 03 | signal 7c4c | snr 7ad6 | ber 00001608 | unc 00000000 |
| > 	status 1f | signal ba3d | snr c4b9 | ber 00001100 | unc 00000000 |
| > FE_HAS_LOCK
|
| Is this on the nova/nexus or on the budget-av card? I'm not entirely sure
| which you mean here, sorry

ah.. sorry. i was referring only to the knc-1 budget-av card.

| > * when i read data from the DVR device, remove the CAM and wait until i get
| > 'budget_av: cam ejected', then i get no data from the DVR for around 3-5s
| > and then i get data again. however, when i replug the CAM, and get 'cam
| > inserted', i do not get data anymore. in no case.
|
| Do you mean you can no longer tune after this?

i can only tune after this, if i delay for some seconds. within the
first seconds, after this happened, i can't. the signal/snr is lower, and
the BER is high. waiting helped, also rmmod budget-av && modrobe budget-av
helped.

| > 	dvb_ca adapter 0: CAM tried to send a buffer larger than the link buffer
| > size (65535 > 128)! dvb_ca adapter 0: CAM tried to send a buffer larger
| > than the ecount size! dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM link initialisation failed
| > :(
|
| Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how to work round that.. perhaps I need to add an
| extra delay to the CAM detect code.

if you could point me to some of he suspicious places in the source, i could play
around with some values and see, what would be okay for me. for my software this
is no prob, as we do not remove CAMs.

| I'm not quite sure what you mean here... from the test above you said that
| when you unplug+replug the CAM and wait for it to say "cam ejected", you
| still don't get any data?

sorry being confusing (long day today). yes i do not get any data. 100%
reproducible.

regards,
pm