Re: Re: Patch 3 / 3 for bt8xx cards

Thank you for your response, Mauro!
The ack of Richard Walker and / or Jamie Honan I simply cannot get as they
are not reachable at all.
Moreover Krufky provided nothing except transforming a name list from
horizontal to vertical (really kiddish to see someone like him holding
lectures about "author rights", isn´t it)? So especially HIM it IS who
simply should SHUT UP for reason of stupid kiddishness!
He personally is so proud to be part of contributors.txt, but I ask myself:
FOR WHAT THE HELL? His "maintaining inter tree dependencies" everybody has
seen for months: NO stable bt8xx driver for almost three kernels, and a
stable solution without mercurial tree is still not in sight! Would YOU call
guys like him a maintainer? I hesitate!
Although I DO NOT like him at all I could accept Abrahams share. Even if
Honan provided authoring shares for dst modules, does it automatically
provide author rights for a documentation? I wonder!

And whatever concerns the substantial part of the patch:
1. It is based on the assumption that the TwinHan cards are the only ones in
whose case autodetection does not work in every case. So I decided to remove
all card IDs as long as there are no messages proving me something else.
And I already offered the proposal to add every card afterwards if there is
a founded proof that autodetection does not work in all cases.
2. I tried to compress and simplify the whole text.
3. I added necessary cross references.
I MEAN: Some SHIT text everyone can write. But having a precise idea about
what "documentaries" are like apparently noone has, with my personal
exception.

I´d offer to add some more work on this if I can be sure that all problems
about this can be fixed before I add more work, not after it.

"Also, as posted at ML, at least some of the guys at the community wanted
some of the removed text."

With superficial statements like this one I do not have any chance to do
better. Please be more precise, Mauro, and be clear, and give exact exmples
of whom you mean and what you want to say. do not rant around in that
superficial manner, and at least try to simply ignore idiots like Krufky.

Regards
Uwe