Re: RFC: Multiple TS recordings

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Funny that no one seems to be interested in this. Maybe
PVRs are already out of fashion ;-/

Well, VDR can record multiple programmes from the same
transponder, if that's what the OP meant. But it does this
by simply requesting all the necessary PIDs and putting the
TS packets together itself.

The proposal might make the task easier, and as I understand
it, is entierely optional so VDR wouldn't have to use the
new mechanism.

The interesting questions:
- would the subtle API change wrt pes_type and DMX_OUT_TAP
  break something in VDR or other apps?
  (I guess VDR doesn't use DMX_OUT_TAP at all)

No, VDR only uses DMX_OUT_DECODER and DMX_OUT_TS_TAP.

Klaus