Re: Twinhan VP1030A CI/CAM problems and solutions

linuxtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
linuxtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
There seem to be quite a few problems getting TwinHan VP1030 etc
Conditional Access Module working properly.

The LinuxTV wiki says they dont work (mostly) and so do various
other application writers (eg. mythtv, videolan, etc).
The information on the Wiki is a bit outdated. Both the applications you mentioned do have support.

Ahem ... they may have support, but the applications do/did *not* work
properly with my irdeto CAM.

I know this because of the extensive patching that was required to
make them work!

It does work for me, many people are using it successfully. FYI, I am using an Irdeto module For others too it seems to work okay with other applications too as well as ca_zap. Search for a thread like this..

Re: High level CI support in MythTV

Regarding Videolan, the relevant person who added support may comment.

Somebody should update the info on the Wiki in regards to the relevant status.

Regarding MythTV, http://threebit.net/mail-archive/mythtv-dev/msg01711.html

But I don't have any compile problems and I haven't applied a patch
multiple times ... what exactly is the revelance?

[..]

Explained above

Manu