Re: [ANNOUNCE] Changes at v4l-dvb building process

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Big changes at v4l-dvb make internal working
>

> Previously, tree building were based on Make.config. This file contained
> all compiling stuff. Also, v4l/Makefile contained all drivers that
> should be compiled, replicating the rules of all other Makefiles under
> linux.
>
> Now, make will rely on linux/*/Makefile to compile the modules. This
> approach allows usage of Kconfig files, allowing partial compilations.
>
> Newer makefile commands introduced:
>
> make allmodconfig - Selects all stuff to be compiled as module;
> make config - Selects packages via text interface;
> make xconfig - Selects packages via qt interface;
> make gconfig - selects packages via gtk interface.
>
> for config, xconfig and gconfig to be used, those scripts needs to be
> previously compiled at kernel. So, user needs to use those commands
> previously at kernel tree.
>
> just make will run allmodconfig before make all.
>
> Also something new at this approach: versions.txt file were added. This
> file identifies the minimal kernel version supported by each file. It
> will allow easier working when backporting to an specific version.
>
> We should add to v4l-dvb tree soon all other V4L/DVB supported drivers
> already at kernel, but not present on our tree. Those will be compatible
> only with the latest version for now. Backport patches are always
> welcome.

When I try to build the modules outside the kernel tree, videodev.ko is not
getting installed again.  I ran "make config" and it seemed to configure
properly, but the required modules did not get installed.  I am using a Nexus-S
(ttpci and stv0299).

Regards,