lgdt330x signal strength WAS Re: AirStar HD5000-PCI signal strength

My question/complaint level is exceeded. Time to do
something to reduce these questions. Lets hack this to so
it can be used. This proposal is a total hack to report
signal strength.

If we have FE_LOCK return a signal strength of say 42 or 100
or 0x7FFF or 0xFFFF (pick one) otherwise return 0. This
will allow applications to use signal strength to determine
if the ATSC/QAM receiver has acquired a signal. Signal
strength will return either 0 or whatever was picked and
not the actual signal strength. This hack is not so good
for antenna aiming.

Humm, if this is a settable parameter, the user could pick
any return value for the FE_LOCK condition. This would be
the maximum value that can be returned. This is the "100%"
value for signal strength.

--Mac