Re: Technotrend S-1500

On 3/21/06, Marco Coli <marco.coli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perceval Anichini wrote:
>
> > Oh well. I think this is not a S 1500.
> > This looks like a WinTV NOVA-CI. Both
> > works fine anyway :)
>
> Ok, so I learned that, even if it was sold like a s1500 it's another
> object :-)
>
> But it remains not correctly detected to the current (from yesterday, at
> least) HG dvb driver... It was recognized as non CI (budget and not
> budget_ci) and the tuner was not functioning properly, until I modified
> budget-ci.c. Maybe this particular model (the vendor says it is the
> latest) is not yet handled from the driver?

This is the OEM version of the NOVA-CI which was sold by TT directly.
It has been out of production for quite a while already. The ones sold
today are either second-hand cards or cards repaired by TT. I also
received such a card while there was no stock of the S1500. It seems
the technicians at TT are to lazy to put the correct device ID on the
repaired cards and default them all to 0x1003.

There is nothing wrong with the driver and it handles this card
perfectly (as you already discovered when using the correct device ID
of 0x100c). In fact installing the TT driver under Windows produces
the same result : CI is ignored.

You will need to change the device id of the card by updating it's
eeprom. Luckily this can be achieved easily by using the i2cset util
of the lm_sensors package. Just be careful with the util and read the
man pages first. After changing the ID my card worked out of the box
both under Linux and Windows.

Werner