Re: DViCO Dual Digital Remote

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 10:50 +0800, Martin Turner wrote:
> I'm having some problems setting up my remote control and was wondering
> if anyone could point me in the right direction.
>
> I've tried following a few online guides and they all state that I
> should have a /dev/hiddev0 or similar. I don't seem to have this device,
> or anything like it. I have usbhid loaded and its working (my mouse uses
> it) but it doesn't seem to detect my receiver. The only possible clue I
> have is that dmesg is reporting 'kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an
> USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input1' but nothing more.

I had to compile and install lirc from CVS to enable support for the
DViCO remote.  The latest debian/ubuntu package was quite old and didn't
know anything about that particular remote.  I don't remember what I did
after that.  It just worked without anything tricky going on.

On the usb front, do you get something like this in your boot log?

[   30.947127] hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [DVICO DVICO USB HID
Remocon V1.00] on usb-0000:00:02.0-2
[   30.947135] usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
[   30.947138] drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.01:USB HID core driver

Tim.