Fw: Skystar 2 Rev 2.6 question

Ok, I'll send it but I have used this revision already in another PC and it worked.
Now I'm pluggin it in another box.
I'm compiling the kernel to ad video for linux support, to avoid modprobe error into insmod.sh , but as I use the card to conect a data trasponder, v4l is not needed, am I wrong? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gunther Mayer" <gunther.mayer@xxxxxxx>
To: "Daniel García" <pumukite@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:48 PM
Subject: Re:  Skystar 2 Rev 2.6 question

Hi,
can you send me a picture of your card and further info for inclusion to
http://www.bttv-gallery.de ?

Your contribution will help to improve open source support!
Because there are many cards and variations by different
vendors, the developers need _your_ help to get it all supported.

1st priority:
- picture of the card, the card backside (high resolution pics if feasible)
- lspci -vn
- "dmesg" when loading the modules

Regards, Gunther

Daniel García wrote:

Hi list
I'm using linuxtv driver 1.1.1 into kernel 2.4.37.ELsmp with a skystar2 card rev 2.6. The driver is compiled but when running "insmod.sh load", the insmod skystar2.o instruction freezes my computer and I have to shut it down by hand! If the card is no pluged in the pci or I comment the "insmod skystar2.o" the insmod.sh reach the end.(obviously). It seems that any problem is found when trying to register the card or perhaps the compilation was not fine? no errors are shown after make (except no firmware for one of the available cards) I don't have videodev in my actual kernel, but I need the card to receive data from satellite network.
 Has anyone had a similar problem? anyone knows where to find out?
 PLEASE, I'm mad with the problem, any help would be higly appreciated.
 cheers.
 Dani.

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com