Vmalloc leak when stopping a DVB recording wrongly

Hello,
I don't know if this is the correct mailing list for this, but i guess i'll try:

I use szap and cat to record dvb stuff to my hd. (I got a skystar2 and kernel 2.6.15)

now, when i want to stop the recording, those commands work without any problems:

killall cat && killall szap
killall szap && sleep 0.1 && killall cat

however, when i first kill szap and immediatly after that kill cat, like this:

killall szap && killall cat

only the Vmalloc that is allocated after the szap call gets freed,
the Vmalloc that is allocated after the cat call is not freed(even though both processes get killed). :/

Calling szap -r <channel> allocates 136KB of Vmalloc, a call to cat allocates additional 1884KB, the latter doesn't get unallocated when killing the 2 processes "wrongly" as described above.

Now i'd be happy if anyone could tell me why this is and if it is a known problem or if i should report it as a bug (the question would then be to whom?) :)

regards,
Mike