fiirware questions and some sugestion

First of all I really don't know if I am using the
mailing list right, they don't really tell you what it
is, or tell you how to use it very clearly.  Please
forgive me if i done something wrong.

first my suggestions

I like using form better and think is simpler for the
average user to use.  I would suggest setting one up
(if you have a form and i missed it then i suggest
adding a link to it from your main home page
linuxtv.org)

now my questions

1. You mention in readme.txt that i found in kernel
source that almost all usb dvb require frimeware to
run why is this?

2. Will installing new firmware on my usb dvb prevent
microsoft windows working with it or have any ill
effect?

3. is there anyway to buy pass installing firmware on
my device?

thank for you time and any replies