Re: SAA7146 DMA buffer overflow - delayed interrupts ?

Jon Burgess wrote:
Ingo Schneider wrote:
It seems that the SAA7146 Interrupts are delayed for a very long time while the rest of the system runs fine - very strange !

Are you measuring the time in the context of the interrupt handler e.g. ttpci_budget_irq10_handler() or in the vpeirq tasklet? I believe that the tasklet may be delayed for some time if there are other tasklets active or if softirqd is busy doing other things.

The tasklet is indeed delayed. For the 878 based cads, this is a very big issue. I have been doing somewhat similar things at my side ..
http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-dvb-bt8xx-test

Still incomplete though.

Manu