Re: kworld atsc110 audio + misc

maillist wrote:
> I think I was going down the wrong path on the IR Remote. What I
> originally noticed is that the driver in windows is polling the GPIO
> register. I figured that must be how it reads the bits coming in. In
> the saa7134 code in the saa7134-ir.c (or was it saa7134-i2c.c) you see
> that is supports polling. I went down that route but it wasn't making
> any sense. So I went back and studied the logs a bit harder and now I
> see that it sometimes reads from a device through the I2C port. I
> don't have my notes with me at work so I can't tell you the address,
> but I see it reads from an I2C device and gets a series of 0xFF data
> followed by 0x10 and then 0xFF again. This didn't at first seem
> helpful because I was pressing two different keys, but later in the
> log I found an instance of 0xFF, 0x11, 0xFF. So maybe it does mean
> something.
>
> It is quite possible that the unknown part on the board, the KS007
> part is a microcontroller with code that handles the IR. I am going to
> try to capture more tonight with my bus analyzer and push more buttons
> on the remote than two.

I was thinking about this earlier on and then remembered Henry Wong's
recent efforts with the MSI TV@nywhere.  See:

- this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/video4linux-list/2005-November/msg00756.html
... note that there is one post (about the Pinicle 110) that breaks the
thread in the middle, but just click next in thread and it will pick up
again for 4 or 5 more posts

- this post:
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/video4linux-list/2005-December/msg00435.html

- and this post: