Re: dvb-s with kaffeine and nova-s-plus

I demand that Christophe Thommeret may or may not have written...

> Le Lundi 20 Février 2006 23:31, Just2blue4U a écrit :
>> I'm watching TV with my wintv nova-s-plus with szap and mplayer. I want to
>> use a graphical program, so i tried to use kaffeine. Kaffeine (v0.7.1)
>> itself works well, but it doesn't recognize my nova-s-plus. I already
>> installed xine-libs (v1.1) and also tried to launch as root, but both did
>> fail.

>> What am i doing wrong / What must i do to get my TV-Card running?

> Maybe your kaffeine does not have dvb features compiled in. Start kaffeine
> from a term and look at the output for a message like: "kaffeine: No DVB
> device found". [...]

Ahem. xine-lib.

  $ mkdir ~/.xine
  $ scan -o zap $TUNING_FILE >~/.xine/channels.conf

Now launch your preferred front end. In my case, this would work were vdr not
running:

  $ gxine dvb://

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again.