Re: How might a SATA drive interfere with DVB-S

Hi,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

today I've replaced my system drive (PATA) by a SATA one to send the PATA drive in for repair.

And now, VDR reports a lot of TS discontinuities and it's c*Repackers complain about bad packets. Before exchanging the drive, I've only had such errors immediately after switching to a new transponder.

So it looks like the drive interferes in any way with DVB-S reception (NOVA-S). Is there anything I could check to solve this issue?

Does it only happen on specific frequencies?

No.

Does femon show uncorrectable block errors?

No.

If not, I'd rather think the SATA driver screws up irq
latency. You could try Ingo's buffer size patch, if you
have the same kind of Nova card.

I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx