Are you sure we need the firmware for nxt2004?

I got a PCI bus analyzer and was trying to capture the firmware download when booting under windows. The problem is that there isn't any firware download.

So, I started to suspect that either my board has an EEPROM with the firmware or it is internal to the nxt2004, maybe they have flash memory?

I modified my nxt200x driver so that it skips the firmware download, powered off my machine waited a minute, turned it back on and guess what. It still works!

This is using a KWorld ATSC-110 card which has the Philips tuv1236 module on it. There is a visible eeprom on the board near the saa7135.

If there are others that have boards with the nxt2004, maybe you can try this same experiment?

Curt