Re: Writing a driver for the upcoming KNC ONE DVB-S2 card

Ralph Metzler wrote:

Harald Milz writes:
> I was curious if KNC ONE is going to release
> documentation for the DVB-S2 card which is featured at
> http://www.knc1.com/d/produkte/digital_dvb_s2_plus.htm. As it seems,
> this is going to be the first PCI card that supports DVB-S2. I received
> an answer recently that says they are at least willing to talk.

What tuner/demodulator are they using?

> Since I am not able to do the programming of a DVB driver, I would like one
> of the (preferably German speaking) DVB developers to get in contact with
> me since I should not broadcast the contact information over this list ;-),
> i.e. someone who is willing to start doing the actual work. In any case I'd
> be more than willing help to test and debug the driver (notwithstanding the
> fact that all transmissions will be very likely to be encrypted but let's
> get the base stuff going will we?
I thought at least Pro Sieben wanted to send FTA.

My thoughts. Not certain though whether my system can handle H.264 in HD... And i am pretty certain MythTv does not yet recognize H.264 transmissions as being a TV service.

Ralph