Pinnacle 310i - update

Hi,
I'm working with my Pinnacle 310i card, in order to get the dvb-t mode
working.
I've started from the Philips Tiger reference design as implemented in
card type = 81 (for the saa7134 module) and the philips_tiger_config
structure in saa7134-dvb.c. The dvb-t decoder onboard is a TDA10046A,
which appears to be supported.

The first problem appears to be that this particular card doesn't have
an eeprom chip onboard, so the firmware has to be uploaded. Even if you
download and extract the firmware, the module won't load it (because in
philips_tiger_config .request_firmware is NULL).
I have found 2 different ways to do this:
- boot under windows, use the pinnacle media center to view a dvb-t
channel, reboot under Linux. The firmware is loaded by Windows and stays
in place.
- change a single line in the philips_tiger_config definition:
.request_firmware = NULL,
becomes
.request_firmware = philips_tu1216_request_firmware,
in saa7134-dvb.c, line 863 circa.

Compile, install, reload, try to do the channel scan thingy and you'll
see that the firmware gets loaded, in 16 bytes chunk. From the second
time on, the firmware is correctly detected.

Now, the second problem is that the pll initialization fails.
The culprit is likely philips_tiger_dvb_mode, which appears to fail when
called by tda10046_init indirectly via the config->pll_init function
pointer. I suppose that either the initialization codes { 0x3c, 0x33,
0x6a} or the i2c address (0x08) is wrong.

No PLL initialization routine, among those found in the sources, seems
to be working.

If someone has data sheet or any kind of information, please post them
to me, or to the list, thank you. In particular I would be interested in
every bit of information I can find about the tuner, which - according
to previous posts to this list - should be a TDA8275A or TDA8290A. Is
there a working implementation already? Has anybody managed to get this
card working with DVB-T? Am I missing something?

Pierluigi Rolando