Re: DViCo PCI Dual-T USB Problem (SOLVED)

Shannon Wynter wrote:

I tried the gentoo git sources, but was unable to get anything useful
out of it.

That's kinda how I ended up trying out the cvs - which when I downloaded
it last night, didn't have the patch included.
Ah! That makes sense.... We have discontinued use of cvs a few weeks ago. The repository is still available, but we are no longer updating it. The new, official v4l-dvb repository uses mercurial.

I don't know if Mauro updated the howto pages yet, but this is what you should do:

1) wipe out your old v4l-dvb tree

2) install the mercurial package

3) hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

4) cd v4l-dvb

5) make

6) (as root) make install

... in the future, to update your tree, do:

make pull  (from inside v4l-dvb)

...On the other hand, since you are familiar with git, you can pull from the v4l-dvb.git tree on kernel.org:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb.git

I have the FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital - The PCI card with one tuner
on the pci bus, and the second tuner with option usb header on card (or
on the back plate)

How can I find out what tuners are on the card without shutting anything
down? (it's recording atm)
The card uses two "dee1601" tuners, which seem to be very similar, if not, the same as the Thomson DTT 7579.

Here's my card (pci part) from the sources:
               .subvendor = 0x18ac,
               .subdevice = 0xdb50,
               .card      = CX88_BOARD_DVICO_FUSIONHDTV_DVB_T_DUAL,

And lsusb identifies the USB part as a bluebird (Bus 001 Device 004: ID
0fe9:db51)

Good stuff -- That's what I wanted to know.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky