Re: Re: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB Progress

Jeremy Lee wrote:
Hi Michael,
   Just wanted to thank you for all the help and
advice! I was able to get the tuner setup and running.
It's recognized fine with MythTV. What software have
you been using?

I do all of my testing using azap + mplayer. That's why I gave you that link in my previous email ;-)

   I initially was running into various issues with
not being able to see the video or getting blank
screen. But I *think* these were just issues with the
MythTV setup/config. Something else I'm noticing on
the video playback is quite a bit of jitter/ghosting
(on the horizontal lines). But again, I think it has
to do more with the MythTV and/or graphics card
config. I'm outputting on a Radeon 9800pro.

Certainly an application issue. I repeat, try following these directions... If you dont have mplayer, then use cat, and play back the file using totem, or something:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/atscscan

   Well, at least it's good to know that the tuner is
working (I was able to scan for digital channels and
got quite a few). BTW: How's the progress on the
remote mapping coming along? I suppose there's nothing
I can do with the remote in the meantime?

I'll be honest with you, and I hope that I don't get flamed for this...

Remote mapping is very easy... The code is all there already, just the keys havent been mapped. I just never felt like doing it. Please, be my guest. When you get it working, submit a patch to the list. Either I, or someone else, will be happy to apply it for you.

If not, maybe I'll get around to it one day... I just dont have time to do that now. :-/

Sorry for bad news.

-Mike