Re: Twinhan Starbox USB support

Hi,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, CR wrote:

How well does the current driver for the Twinhan Starbox USB unit work? Are all the major features functioning? Any surprises with this unit?

Afaik, the driver should work, but it doesn't :).

This is due to a lack of tests I could not do when I wrote the driver.

Maybe this will change soon, when I get a dish - but I cannot promise anything.

Besides: the box has PID filter inside and thus can only put out 8 different packet-streams at a time.

I am thinking about pairing this up and a laptop using a NEC USB 2.0 chipset. Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

There are other USB2.0 DVB-S boxes, but they are not supported either.

best regards,
Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx