[linux-dvb] nova-s-plus

Heiner Wulfhorst wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm new to this list, so please don't kill me if i behave wrong! ;)
>
> I'm here because i just bought a hauppauge nova-s-plus dvb-s pci-card.
> On windows it seems to work, so hardware should be ok.
> On Linux it doesn't seem to be recognized correctly.
>
> After too manyhours of trying, googling, crying, ... i'm here, looking for help.
> Please, make my tv-card work!

Ah, dont worry...  Support for that card is queued up for official
release in linux kernel 2.6.16 ... In the meantime, you can update your
v4l/dvb drivers by using our cvs repository.  Instructions located here:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

Please keep this in mind:

This cvs repo is current as of a few days ago.  We will no longer be
updating the sources in v4l-dvb cvs, as we have migrated to the
Mercurial SCM.

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

You dont have to use Hg yet, as the code in cvs already has support for
your card, the Nova-S-Plus, however, I do recommend that if you need any
updates in the future, to use our new mercurial repository. (Hg for short)

We haven't updates all of the online howto's with instructions, but
here's a quickie:

First, install mercurial.  Then, you're basically going to want to
follow all of the directions in the cvs howto, except remove all of
those cvs command, and use these instead:

To fetch the repo for the first time:

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

To update the sources later on:

cd v4l-dvb