[linux-dvb] Avermedia DVB-T 771 mt352_read_register error

> I have had multiple dvb 771 cards. Many started working then stopped.
> The funny thing was that the powersupply change also made a difference
> (I can change the power supply and it will start working again,
> unfortunately the power supply that works doesnt fit in my case and is
> noisey).

	Bingo!

	I had the same problem a few years back with
two TwinHan VisionPlus cards and a 7200RPM drive
in a small case (200W PSU). All was fine for 6mths,
then one started to misbehave.

	Tried everything. Removing either card would
give me a working setup. Bought a bigger PSU and
case, and they have been rock solid ever since.

	I am guessing that part of the tuner on the card
ages a little and is affected by marginal 12V power.
Try getting a PSU with separate 12V regulation.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | "People say I'm strange, does it
Telstra Dev. Lab, Sydney, Australia   |        make me a stranger?