[linux-dvb] How do frontend numbers get assigned?

James Pattinson wrote:
> Is there any way of doing "persistent binding" of DVB devices? Can
> anyone suggest something that I could do here?
>
> Thanks
> James

I changed the ordering of my cards by adding the lines below into
/etc/rc.local. Reinstalling the modules causes the adapter numbers
re-allocated. Obviously you'll need to change the budget references to
match the drivers for your cards.

# Make sure we use the newer TDA1004x based cards first
/sbin/rmmod budget budget-ci
/sbin/modprobe budget-ci
/sbin/modprobe budget

It also might be possible to achieve something similar with some clever
logic in /etc/modprobe.conf.

	Jon