[linux-dvb] Problems decoding AC3 with FF card and latest firmware

Hi,
I'm using a FF rev 1.3 card with the latest firmware revision; it works
well and using
ff_al_play I can succesfully decode MP2 and LPCM, but not AC3: I can't
hear anything
in my earset, whether I use or not the -d flag.
I re-read the pdf documentation and the AUDIO ioctl() implementation in
the sources
to find out if the AC3 payload must have the 4 bytes substream header in
the PES payload,
only to discover that at the moment it seems irrelevant (at least for
av_71xx cards).
I also patched mplayer/mencoder to generate correct PES files.
I also made sure to raise the volume (using the appropriate ioctl()).

The result doesn't change: AC3 doesn't seem to be decoded at all,
consequently I can't hear anything.

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

   Nico