[linux-dvb] Another Twinhan VP20310 problem: me too!: SUCCES!!! sort of...

Hi Manu,

thanks to you folks I got it worked out. When you want me to test some
functionality on my hardware and send you logs/reports, feel free to ask,
I'd be glad to help!

Next issue I am thinking and googling about is how to get MythTV to call
ca_zap when tuning into encrypted channels. Right now I have to manually
enter ca_zap etc every time I switch a channel. I read some threads from
last december where people were working to get MythTV to support HLCI, but
it looks like nothing's released so far. I'd figure it shouldn't be too hard
to have mythtv symply call ca_zap with the proper channel when tuning into a
channel, for a start, but probably I won't be able to figure out where to
add such code in the huge mythtv code base (and I am mostly used to Windoze
C++ so far, unfortunately).
Another idea might be to write a script that checks button presses from the
remote (via irrecord), and then feeds them to myth TV and call ca_zap with
the right parameters (finding that out though might be tough, unless one
follows what the remote does all the time).

Anyway, since a few days I have the feeling we might get there soon!

Cheers,

Bas