[linux-dvb] Strange problem on 1 channel only (UK)

On Mon, 09 Jan, James Pattinson wrote:

> So from what you're saying the problem is actually on the frontend?

It seemed to be in my case. I have an Athlon 64, Unichrome Pro system with 3 Nova-t PCI cards in it which has been working fine as a combined back/frontend Myth system for the last few weeks - but that was using software MPEG decoding.

I'm now using an EPIA SP8000 as my frontend with XvMC hardware decoding and that has the stuttering on BBC ONE problem. Turning on the 'Use hardware MPEG decoding' option for the DVB cards in Myth on the backend fixed the playback problem on the frontend for all subsequent recordings.

So, for me at least, this is definitely not a DVB issue but something to do with Myth/Openchrome/dri/kernel - not that I'm too bothered now I've worked around it :)

Regards,
--
Chris Audley                                       mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Director                                    sip:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx