[linux-dvb] Nova T not registering as a dvb card

On 1/5/06, David Clements <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My nova t had been working perfectly under my previous install of fedora,
> unfortunately I had to reinstall and didn't add the card to the system on
> first boot. It is now refusing to register as a dvb card, instead it has
> registered as a v4l card. I need want mythtv to use the card so I assume I
> need it to see it as a dvb device.
>

> I am using a fully updated version of fedora core 4( so I think DVB is
> already in the kernel).
>

> Any advice will be greatly appreciated
>

> David

Is that card cx88-based?  If so, it is more than likely that your
system isn't loading cx88-dvb automatically on boot.

try:

modprobe cx88-dvb

... If that works, then all you'll need to do to get it automatically
inserted on boot is to add it to your modprobe.conf

Hope this helps,

Mike