[linux-dvb] content-relevant information

A couple of years ago I developed a prototype system for watching
interactive tv.
I had some fancy ideas about content-relevant information links being
send as ip over vbi and using a regular internet connection to
download it. I used wget, DirectFB, expat, lirc, and my own code to
make it sing. (I used handcrafted vbi pages "stolen" from alevt?s help
pages(900-...) to do the testing - and I didnt have any intelligent
error-correction scheme going yet for real teletextpages).
I wanted to make it work with either MythTV or Freevo but never got
around to it.
In the meantime we are switching to DVB-T here so I have to go get a
new digital-TV card.

I developed my own xml namespace for this.
I could rescale the tv picture - add graphics and text (and
flash,opengl and video) around and on top of it etc. and navigate
through it all with my remote.
New links popped up at the right times in a menubar.
Everything was very rudimentary though - without notice to a lot of
real issues (preloading of graphics etc)

This project has collected a lot of dust - I have moved around alot
and worked with other things in the meantime.
I would have liked to implement it to use SMIL - but now with DVB-HTML
im no longer sure - but at the same time it seems to me that dvb-html
doesnt adress a lot of my timing concerns?.
And with dvb the information shouldnt be burried in vbi of course.

Are there any projects working on something like this for Linux (I
havent found any)

--
Rudolf Randal - H?ssleholmsgatan 3B lgh 503 - 214 43 Malm? - Sweden -
Phone: +46 (0)76 234 05 77